Friday, December 28, 2012

Holiday Spirit- Giving Is Winning

Hey Guys! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday whether you spent it in the Christmas spirit or it was just a Tuesday for you.  This Holiday season my family, friends, and I spent giving back to those who need it the most.  My aunt Lynn started a program called Operation Santa 17 years ago.  The Operation Santa Program answers letters to Santa from children in Impoverished and underserved neighborhoods in the New York area.  This past week we visited family homeless shelters in Harlem and Brooklyn. We brought them tons of gifts, sang Christmas carols, and the holiday spirit magic.  My favorite thing about this Christmas holiday was giving out hats, gloves, earmuffs, and scarves on the street.  My aunt Lynn loaded my younger cousins and I into the minivan along with bags and bags full of new, cute, and very warm hats, gloves, scarves, and earmuffs and we went driving around Brooklyn.  We stopped every time we saw a child or a family outside without any of those items and we gave them out for free!  Oh the look on their faces was filled happiness and joy. The feeling of helping someone who doesn't expect help it at all is worth more than any gift I could ever receive.  Needless to say the Christmas spirit isn't about getting, it’s about giving.  That’s when you really win.


"It's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.” 

Happy Holidays!

Xoxo
-Rain












No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors